The eighth International Conference on
the Beginnings of the Use of Metals and Alloys.
Thank you for your active submission of abstracts!!
We have finally 114 abstracts!!
The acceptance has been already sent.
If you do not receive any mail,
please inform us as soon as possible.
We will have new information on field tours (excursion.)
Please see; Field Tours
BUMA8 3rd Circular.pdf is available.
The forth circular will come soon.
10-15 September 2013
Nara Prefectural Cultural Hall
List of Submitter (as of 4 April 2013)
- Constantin Canavas (Germany), "Looking for antimony in the medieval Mediterranean"
- Jang-Sik Park (Korea), Vasant Shinde (India), "Comparative study on bronze technology of two Harappan sites at Farmana in Haryana and Kuntasi in Gujarat, India"
- Jang-Sik Park (Korea), Dmitriy Voyakin (Kazakhstan), "Microstructure, chemical composition and radiocarbon age of bronze-related objects from a Bronze Age settlement in Kazakhstan"
- Jang-Sik Park (Korea), Sukja Yang (Korea), "Evidence for bloomery smelting in ancient Korea and its implication"
- Takeshi Minami (Japan),Maya Kawano (Japan), Akinori Takeuchi (Japan), Kazuya Takahashi (Japan), Setsuo Imazu (Japan), "Is it possible to determine the sources of vermilion used in Japanese burial mounds of Yayoi and Kofun periods?"
- S. Jaikishan (India), "FORGE WELDED IRON CANNONS IN MEDIEVAL DECCAN FORTS"
- Mohammadamin Emami (Iran), "Iron production in Chahak south-central of Iran; An archaeometallurgical approach"
- Masayoshi AMATATSU (Japan), Yoshikazu SENOO (Japan), "TATARA: Ancient Japanese Iron-making: A Picture scroll of Iron-making technology by Tatara-furnace using sand-iron"
- Donna Strahan (USA), "Examining Casting Strategies for Two 6th Century BC Chinese Bronze Vessels in The Metropolitan Museum of Art"
- YOSHIHIRO KUBO (Japan), KUNICHIKA KUBOTA (Japan), "Analysis of the two types of iron sand (Masa and Akome) used in traditional Japanese Tatara ironmaking processes: the role of titanium in pig iron (Zuku) production"
- Eiji Izawa (Japan), Tetsuya Nakanishi (Japan), "Gold refining by cementation with salt at the Sado gold-silver mines in early seventeenth century Japan"
- Yang Li (China), Chunxu Pan (China), Guantao Chen (China), "Corrosion Characters of Ancient Bronzes Stored in Museums in Hubei Province, China"
- Chunxu Pan (China), Yang Li (China), Guantao Chen (China), "Fabrication of Thin-walled Bronze Vessels and A New Corrosion in Ancient Bronzes Unearthed in Hubei Province, China"
- Alessandra Giumlia-Mair (Italy), "SHAKUDO, SENTOKU AND AKAGANE IN ROMAN EGYPT"
- Toshio Kutsukake (Japan), "An exploration method for the ore deposits in the Edo Period, Japan: Sansō-Hiroku (A secret document on the appearance of mountains)"
- Alan Williams (UK), "Japanese arms and armour and their differences from European contemporaries"
- Thomas Oliver Pryce (France), "The prehistoric monetisation of (bits of) continental Southeast Asia, based upon data produced by the Southeast Asian Lead Isotope Project 2008-2013"
- Siran Liu (UK) and Changqing Xu (China), "Gold and Silver Production in the Imperial Period of China: A comparative study of three sites in southern China"
- Hyunkyung Cho (Korea), Namchul Cho (Korea), Suchul Kim (Korea), Taecheon Rho (Korea), "Experimental Archaeological Study on Iron Sand Smelting in Korean Peninsula"
- Prabhakar Upadhyay (India), "Recent Investigation on Iron Metallurgy in the Vindhya-Ganga Region, India"
- Vibha Tripathi (India), "Recently Discovered Iron Working Site in Vindhya-Kaimur Region, India"
- Kazuhisa YOSHIMURA (Japan), Toru OKAMOTO (Japan), Masayuki FUJIKAWA (JAPAN), Yoshifumi IKEDA (JAPAN), Tsutomu YAMADA (JAPAN), Hiroki MATSUDA (JAPAN), "Sulfide ore smelting at the Naganobori Copper-Mine site recorded on speleothems from the Oogiri No. 4 Mine on Akiyoshi-dai Plateau, Yamaguchi, Japan"
- Eiji Yamasue (Japan), Kazuhiro Nagata (Japan), Tadahiro Inazumi (Japan), "Metallurgical Evaluation of Traditional Steelmaking in Finland"
- Larreina Garcia D. (UK), Martinon-Torres M.(UK), Cheng K. (China), "Tang Dynasty copper production in Central China: Smelting techniques and technological features"
- Wantana Klysubun (Thailand), Prapong Klysubun (Thailand), Nirawat Thammajak (Thailand), Panidtha Sombunchoo (Thailand), "Thailand synchrotron facility and its potential to support the archeological science"
- P.P.Deshpande (India), "Chemical, Electrochemical and Metallographical Investigations of a ferrous object found at Mahurjhari, Vidarbha, Maharashtra, India"
- Alessandra Giumlia-Mair (Italy), Yasunosuke Morimoto IV (Japan), Ken’ichi Ota (Japan), "Mercury gilding in today’s Japan"
- Takekazu Nagae (Japan), Haruhisa Mifune (Japan), "XRF analysis of the seated Shaka Nyorai statue of Kaniman-ji at Kyoto"
- Hiroshi Itaya (Japan), Takashi Watanabe (Japan), Miyuki Hayashi (Japan), Kazuhiro Nagata (Japan), "Phase diagram of FeO-TiO2-SiO2-5%Al2O3 slag (Phase diagram of smelting slag of titanium oxide bearing iron sand)"
- Quanyu Wang (UK), Sascha Priewe, Susan La Niece, "A technical study of inlaid Eastern Zhou bronzes in the British Museum focussing on an unique figure of a leaping feline"
- Yuko Tanaka (Japan) A study of the property of the bronze knives
- Hideki Kuma (Japan), Hisao Fukuoka (Japan) and Makoto Hirose (Japan),Quantitative Analysis of Mining Tunnels using Remotely Controlled Robots
- Jang-Sik Park,(Korea), Evidence for bloomery smelting in ancient Korea and its implication
- Yoshiyuki Matsui,(Japan),Keiichi Terashima,(Japan),Reijiro Takahashi,,Analysis of scale-up on a shaft furnace by process engineering (from the iron-manufacturing experiment by using Bei-tetsu in Hippo Tatara)
- Naoyo H. Sekihiro,(Japan), Mizuho Suzuki,(Japan), Preliminary Report of the Analysis of Iron Slug and Iron Ore at Meroe, Sudan
- Takahiro Ozaki,(Japan),Ryo Usami,(Japan),,,"Gold and Silver Smelting Remains in Sado Gold and Silver Mine-Based on Archaeological Survey and Productive Chemical Analysis-"
- Shinya Isogawa,(Japan),Casting sites of bronze bell and iron kettle in ancient and medieval Japan
- Nils Anfinset (Norway), Dipesh Kharel,(Japan),Frode Storås(Norway), Vanishing technologies: revisiting copper mining and smelting in Nepal
- Huang Quansheng (China),"Recent Investigation on Zinc Production in Southern China：Large-Scale Distilling Zinc at Huangjinzhen Site during the 18th Century"
- Mizuho Suzuki,(Japan),Keiji Umezaki,(Japan),"The use of bajirome (ferrous speiss produced from lead smelting) for casting imitated Chinese coins at the Kurosaki Mint in the early seventeenth century"
- Tomotaka Sasada (Japan),Amartuvshin Chunag (Mongolia), Iron Smelting of the Nomadic Empire "Xiongnu" in Ancient Mongolia
- Susan La Niece (UK),Hiromi Uchida (UK), Alloys of Japanese metalwork
- Anwer Rashed (Egypt), Mahmoud Anis (Egypt), TREATMENT AND CONSERVATION OF A GROUP OF ROMAN COINS
- Ibrahim Abdel-Fattah Ibrahim (Egypt), CONSERVATION OF A HOLLOW CAST BRONZE IBIS STATUETTE FROM EL-MINYA STOREROOM (Case study)
- David Edge (Hungary), Alan Williams (UK), A non-invasive method for the identification of hidden patterns on the blades of Indo-Persian Swords in the Wallace Collection, London
- Miljana Radivojević (UK) ,Benjamin W. Roberts (UK),,,The Polychrome Beginnings of the Use of Metals and Alloys
- Guillaume Sarah (France) Adrien Arles(France), Jürgen Heckes (France), Florian Téreygeol (France), 3D modeling and digital video recording in experimental archaeometallurgy: application to firesetting
- Susan Ferrence (USA), Alessandra Giumlia-Mair (Italy), Bronze Age Metal Objects from East Crete, Greece
- Cóilín Ó Dubhghaill (UK), Alan Hywel Jones (UK), The transfer of Irogane alloys to the West and their use by the sculptor Alfred Gilbert
- Kazuo Miyamoto (Japan),Tetsuya Nakanishi,(Japan),Fei Tang,Weidong Cheng,The first discovery of the furnace for iron product in the beginning of Tufan states of Tibet at the Galazong site, Luhuo prefecture, Sichuan Province in China
- Daisuke Mano (Japan), Takanori Iwahashi (Japan), , The evolution of mining methods at the World Heritage Site Iwami Ginzan Silver Mine
- Takanori Iwahashi (Japan), Yoshio Toya (Japan), Kenich Metsugi(Japan), , The Silver Production Process and its Characteristics at the Iwami Ginzan Silver Mine World Heritage Site
- Yoshiyuki Iizuka (Taiwan), Junko Uchida (Taiwan), Metallurgical study of bronze artifacts from Yinxu in the Academia Sinica collection
- Haifeng Liu (China), Jianli Chen (China), Jingning Guo (China), Naitao Liu (China), An Exploratory Study of Furnace Materials in Ancient China: A case study of Shuiquangou Iron Smelting Site, Yanqing County, Beijing
- Francesco Grazzi (Italy), Filomena. Salvemini (Italy), Elisa Barzagli (Italy), Antonella Scherillo (Italy, UK), Alan Williams (UK), Steven Peetermans (Switzerland), Vadim Davydov (Switzerland), Anna Maria Paradowska(UK), Francesco Civita(Italy), Riccardo Franci(Italy), Eberhard Lehmann(Switzerland), Marco Zoppi (Italy), "The manufacturing of (Japan),ese swords: A non destructive quantitative analysis of steel composition and microstructure through neutron diffraction and neutron imaging techniques
- Enrico Cilibertoa (Italy), Alessandro Fiamingo(Italy), Ezio Viscusoa(Italy), Salvatore Garraffob (Italy), and Angelo Nicolosib (Italy), Plating techniques in Europe: from Greek suberates to Medieval gilded mosaics .
- Enrico Ciliberto (Italy), Enrico Greco (Italy), , Use of XPS for characterization of Tin-rich and Lead-rich alloys of organs pipes in Mediterranean areas
- Pranab K. Chattopadhyay (India), R. Dey (India), P. K. Datta (India), , Reconstruction of Ancient Iron Practice Prevalent in Eastern India
- Min Luo (China), Qinglin Ma (China), Yanxiang Li , Methods of Engraving on Tinned Bronze Belts From Gansu Province in 6th - 5th Cent. B.C., (China),
- Xiuzhen Li (China), Macros Martion-Torres UK Kun Zhao Yin Xia, From casting to chiselling: SEM imaging of inscriptions on Qin bronze objects
- E. Barzagli (Italy), F. Grazzi (Italy), A. Williams (UK), D. Edge (UK), A. Scherillo(Italy, UK), J. Kelleher(UK), M.Zoppi (UK), "Characterization of an Indian sword; classic and innovative methods of investigation in comparison"
- Taecheon Rho (Korea), Namchul Cho (Korea), Mira Choi (Korea), , Study on Manufacturing Technique and Provenance of Bronze Artifacts on the Korean Peninsula Around the Third Century B.C.
- Takafumi Niwa (Japan), Shingo Hidehiro (Japan), Takahiro Yatsuki (Japan), Yosuke Higuchi (Japan), Experimental archaeological study for reconstructing of manufacturing technology of Chinese bronze vessels：Based on an investigation of ZunPan vessels from Zenghou Yi tomb
- Kouichi Ueda (Japan), "Metallurgical Technologies on the Picture Scroll of Sado Gold and Silver Mine in Edo Period
- Hiroshi Tanii (Japan), Tadahiro Inazumi (Japan), Keiichi Terashima (Japan), Mineralogical study of iron ore sand with different metallurgical characteristic to refining with use of (Japan),ese classic iron-making furnace “Tatara
- Keiji Umezaki (Japan), Mizuho Suzuki (Japan), , "The technology of coinage at the Kurosaki mint of Fukuoka domain in early seventeenth century Japan,
- Xing Huang (China), Qei Qian (China), , Simulation of the Blast Furnaces in 10th to 12th Century China
- Ko Ueda (Japan), "Traditional iron sand smelting furnaces peculiar to the Satsuma han (domain) in southern (Japan), in the Edo period
- Tetsuya Nakanishi (Japan), Eiji Izawa (Japan), , Evolution of silver-smelting technology of (Japan), in the middle of the16th century
- Ryu Murakami (Japan), Toshiyuki Torigoe (Japan), , Scientific research on world heritage Iwami Ginzan silver mine site in Japan
- Lauren Glover (USA), Experimental Metallurgy of East Asian Copper Alloy Bells: Analysis of Shape, Metal Composition, and Sound
- Vasant Shinde (India), Archaeology of the Harappan Sites of Farmana and Kuntasi
- Paul Craddock (UK), The Production of Silver across the Ancient World
- Martin Polkinghorne Australia Brice VincentThe saṃrit of Angkor: Bronze production at the Royal Palace workshop 12th - 14th centuries
- Prasanta K. Datta (India), Pranab K. Chattopadhyay (India), "Reconstruction of Forging Technology of High-Tin Bronzes in Ancient Bengal"
- Hidenori ERA (Japan), Kosuke MATSUKI (Japan), Fumitaka OTSUBO (Japan), Hidenori KUROKI (Japan), "Reproduction of metallographic structure of ancient cast iron"
- Wenli Zhou (UK and China), Marcos Martinón-Torres (UK), Jianli Chen (China), "Distilling Zinc in China: the Technology of Large-Scale Zinc Production in Chongqing during the Ming and Qing Dynasties (AD 1368-191"
- Marcos MARTINÓN-TORRES (UK), Xiuzhen Janice LI (UK and China), Andrew BEVAN (UK), Yin XIA(China), Kun ZHAO (China), Thilo REHREN (Qatar), "Technological knowledge and labour organisation in the production of weapons for the Terracotta Army"
- Kazuhiro Nagata (Japan), Takashi Watanabe (Japan), "Pre-modern refining process of "Okaji" without deoxidation"
- Kazuhiro Nagata (Japan), "Tatara as the Unique Ironmaking Process Using Fine Iron Sand"
- Kazuhiro Nagata (Japan), Natsuko Kugiya (Japan), Takashi Watanabe (Japan), "Bright Sparks "Wakibana" in Flame as a Sign of Welding of Tatara Steel"
- David Killick (USA), "Smelting of magnetite, titanomagnetite and magnetite-ilmenite ores in bloomery furnaces: two African examples"
- Katheryn M. Linduff (USA), "Memory in Metal: Belt Buckles from Late First Millennium BCE Dynastic China"
- KIMSANGMIN (Korea), "Status of the Study iron production and production sites in the southern Korean peninsula"
- Wugan Luo (China), Changsui Wang (China), He Li (China), Ying Qin (China), Fengchun Huang (China), "Preliminary study on copper source of bronzes excavated from ancient Jun district"
- Jianjun MEI (China), "Early Metallurgical Interaction between China and Central Asia"
- Shoji ANEZAKI (Japan), Emako MIYOSHI (Japan), "Cause Investigation of Collapse of Caricari Dam from the Perspective of the Silver Smelting Technology in Colonial Peru"
- Manako Tanaka (Japan), Kazuhiro Nagata (Japan), Masaaki Miyasako (Japan), Eiji Yamasue (Japan), Masayoshi Ito (Japan), "Influence of geological features on chemical composition of Japanese iron sand"
- Yoshifumi Ikeda (Japan), Kouichi Ueda (Japan), "Excavation Survey of Naganobori Copper Mine and Reconstruction of Smelting Process of 8th Century
- Manako Tanaka (Japan), Kazuhiro Nagata(Japan), Masayoshi Ito(Japan), Tetsuo Hayashi(Japan), "Non-destructive analysis of Nanban-tetsu"
- Brian Gilmour (UK) "The hundredfold refinings: evidence for early steel making inside and outside China?"
- Agnese Benzonelli (UK), Angelo Agostino (Italy), Francesco Civita Francesco Grazzi Elisa Barzagli "Non-invasive investigation of Japanese patinated metalwork: the tsuba collection of the Stibbert Museum in Florence"
- Takahiro Ozaki (Japan), Ryo Usami (Japan), "The Sado Complex of Heritage Mines, Primarily Gold Mines"
- Bharat Dixit (India), Satyam Suwas (India), Sharada Srinivasan S Jaikishan S Ranganathan, "Microstructural analysis of a wootz steel blade from contemporary northern Telangana"
- Tsutomu SAITO (Japan), "The Presumed Reaction Mechanisms of Oroshi-gane, Manufacturing process of the material of Kawagane for Japanese Swords"
- Yu Liu (China), Jianli Chen (China), Hong Xu (China), Nu He (China), Chunqing Zhao (China), Zhibin Yan (China), "From Taosi to Erlitou: A study on the technology of copper and copper alloy artefacts in the central plains, China (2300BC~1500BC)"
- 凌雪 (China), 赵丛苍 (China), 贾腊江 (China), 文娟 (China), 赵戈(China), "安徽六安地区东周楚国青铜器铅同位素初步研究"
- Chen Jianli (China), "Western factors within the ancient Chinese metallurgy technology"
- Evgenij N. Chernykh (Russia), "Metallurgical provinces of Eurasia in the Early Metal Age: problems of interrelation"
- Natsuko Kugiya (Japan), Fumiyoshi Kirino (Japan), Masahiro Kitada (Japan), "Technique of Manufacturing Steel Sheets Used for Kusazuri Armature"
- Keon-Ho Hwang (Korea), Bo-Ram Kim (Korea), Jong-Jun Lee (Korea), Jae-Jun Lee (Korea), Dong Chang Han(Korea), Kang-Bak Park (Korea), "Level Control of Surge Hopper using Fuzzy controller"
- Yongbin Yu (China), Kai Wang (China), Jianli Chen (China), Xicheng Gong (China), Weihong Wu (China), JianjunMei (China), "Copper Metallurgical Technology of Shang and Zhou Dynasties in Southern China: A Case Study of Tangjiadun Site, Zongyang County, Anhui"
- Sabikun Naher Shethi (India), Pranab K. Chattopadhyay, "State of Metallurgy in Mahasthangarh, Bangladesh: Archaeometallurgical Studies"
- Gilmour, B. Cox (UK), Khakhutaishvili, N , Pollard AM., "Ancient Colchis and the Origins of Iron: the large-scale survey and investigation of prehistoric smelting in the coastal zone of western Georgia"
- Yasuji Shimizu (Japan), "The Japanese Deities of Metallurgy"
- Yoshinori Shiota (Japan), Tomoya Sato (Japan), Hiroyuki Hasemi (Japan), Anton S. Tremsin, Takashi Kamiyama (Japan), Yoshiaki Kiyanagi (Japan), "Non-destructive Measurement of Microstructural Factor of Japanese Sword by using Neutron Transmission Spectroscopy"
- Liu Xiao Yu (China), "An analysis of the Southern Song Dynasty kiln firing techniques of leaf pattern bowl"
- A.M. Pollard (UK), "Is there a problem with provenance studies of metal artefacts?"
- Kazuo TANIGUCHI,Misuzu KOMATSU,Toshiro NOMURA,Yoshiaki HIROSE, "The structures of lode gold mining and it's insturments at Kai(old name of Yamanashi pref.) gold mines in Warring States period of Japanese."
- Yasuyuki Murakami, Akira Kihara, "The Reconstructive Experiment of Prototype of Tatara furnace and its Preliminary Result "
- Yasuyuki Murakami, "Features of the ancient iron smelting furnaces in Minusinsk basin, South Siberia "
- Takekazu.Nagae, Srinivasa Ranganathan, R.M.Pillai, Sharada Srinivasan, Yasuji Shimizu and Haruhisa Mifune, "Thermographical Analysis of Continuing Tradition of Mirror Casting in Kerala"
- Yasuko Furunushi, Kazuhiro Nagata, "Characteristic of Japanese Iron Nail for wooden Structure-State of Oxygen -"
- Thilo Rehrena, Tamás Belgyab, Albert Jambonc, György Kálid, Zsolt Kasztovszkyb, Zoltán Kisb, Imre Kovácse, Boglárka Marótib, Marcos Martinón-Torresf, Gianluca Miniacig, Vincent C. Pigotta, Miljana Radivojevićf, László Rostad, László Szentmiklósib, Zoltán Szökefalvi-Nagye, "Mankinds earliest iron – neutron-based non-invasive methods to determine a meteoritic origin"
Contact address email@example.com
- 最終更新:2013-04-25 16:04:26